|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002791||NetSurf||Win32-specific||public||2020-08-26 20:37||2020-10-04 09:56|
|Reporter||Four Oh Four|
|Assigned To||Daniel Silverstone|
|Severity||major||Reproducibility||have not tried|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0002791: Multiple download issues with large moddb file|
|Description||Having tried to download https://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/beta-call-of-chernobyl-15-r5-full in NetSurf, I experience the following:|
- download window reports invalid size and percentage.
- download window does not update.
- text clips(default DPI of 96 is used).
- CPU usage of NetSurf locks to 50% of one core.
- ???? the download continues, but seems suspiciously fast for this site. I suspect that NetSurf writes faster(garbage) than speed of download for this file. Not entirely sure about this one.
- the download eventually stops(file no longer grows on disk), but it has overshot 3,793,952,970 bytes(instead, file is 4,179,295,893 bytes).
- the file is indeed garbage, as 7z cannot open it.
- even after download stops, down-window is same. CPU usage is also same, will linger until NetSurf process closes.
- NetSurf build 5197 nightly
- WinXP x86
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in CI build #|
|Reported in CI build #|
|URL of problem page|
Daniel Silverstone (administrator)
The file is greater than `INT_MAX` bytes, and I imagine we track size in int (or perhaps in `ssize_t` which on 32-bit platforms would be 32bit also).
Really we should track file downloads using a `uint64_t` but that'd be a large change.
|2020-08-26 20:37||Four Oh Four||New Issue|
|2020-08-26 20:37||Four Oh Four||File Added: CoC_superdownload.png|
|2020-10-04 09:56||Daniel Silverstone||Note Added: 0002296|
|2020-10-04 09:56||Daniel Silverstone||Assigned To||=> Daniel Silverstone|
|2020-10-04 09:56||Daniel Silverstone||Status||new => acknowledged|