Ashworth Family Bible
Details and Condition
No information: Quotation here is from the owner's transcript. This Bible connects with the Henthorne bible. Information here is as in the bible and also as continued on a separate piece of lined paper inserted in the bible.
- Elizabeth Ann Ashworth. Born Copestick Street Manchester May 22nd 1855 8-20am
- Mary Ashworth. Born 'BK' Mabury Street Bury Feb 13th 1857 8.00am
- Thomas Ashworth. Born Boundary Street Bury Jun 23rd 1858 6.10am
- James Ashworth. Born Boundary Street Bury Feb 3rd 1860 6.05am
- Ellen Ashworth. Born Boundary Street Bury Jan 16th 1862 6.00am
- Herbert Lawson Ashworth. Born Beal Lane Shaw Oldham Apr 24th 1866 5.50am
- Emma Ashworth. Born Beal Lane Shaw Oldham Mar 10th 1868 2.30am
- Miriam Ashworth. Born 114 "Milnrow" Road Shaw Oldham Apr 23th 1873 7.00am
- Thomas Ashworth. Died July 2nd 1859 Aged 13 months Interred Brunswick Cemetery Bury July 6th 1859
- Ellen Ashworth. Died Aug 25th 1863 Aged 1 year 7 months Interred Brunswick Cemetery Bury
- Miriam Ashworth. Died Jun 20th 1898 Aged 25 Interred at Shaw Cemetery June 23rd 1898
- Emma (wife of John Whitehead). Died Jan 20th 1905 Interred at Shaw Cemetery Jan 24th 1905
- Elizabeth Ann Ashworth. Died Jan 15th 1907 Aged 51 Interred at Shaw Cemetery Jan 18th 1907
- Daughter Mary wife of "William" Smith. Died May 10th 1908 Aged 51 years Interred at Ogden Baptist Cemetery May 14th 1908
- Son James Ashworth. Died (suddenly) Oct 8th 1912 Aged 52 years Interred at Shaw Cemetery Oct 12th 1912
- Mary (wife of above). Died (June 2nd) crossed out May 30th 1914, Interred at Shaw Cemetery June 2nd 1914
- Herbert Lawson Ashworth. Died April 19th 1954 88 years
- Mary Jane Ashworth (wife of above). Died Apr 28th 1936, Interred Worthing Cemetery 71 years
- Mary Ashworth m William Woodhead Smith
At Wesleyan Chapel Shaw May 19th 1880 (Rev "Graham")
- Herbert Lawson Ashworth m Mary Jane Henthorn
At Wesleyan Chapel Shaw Apr 3rd (Rev E Milne)
- Emma Ashworth m John Whitehead
At Wesleyan Chapel Shaw (no date) (Rev Smallwood)
- James Ashworth m Mary "normald"
At Weslyan Chapel, Eccles
Addendum to the Ashworths, on a separate piece of paper
- Joshua Ashworth born Feb 16th 1891, son of Herbert Lawson Ashworth.
Married Grace Davis April 16th 1915 at Stubley Church Smithy Bridge (or Brig)
One daughter Ada born Sept 21st 1920
- Edna Ashworth born Jan 24th 1893 daughter of Herbert Lawson Ashworth
Married Harry Davis Oct 4th 1922 at Shaw Wesleyan Church
- Beryl Davis born Jan 1926 Died March 10th 1941.
- Kathleen Davis born Jan 31st 1933
Married Harry Turner Baptist Church Worthing
- Ella Mary Ashworth born Jan 20th 1903 daughter of Herbert Lawson Ashworth
Married William P Evans Dec 21st (maybe 26th ) at Shaw Wesleyan Church
Two daughters and two sons:-
- Olwyn Evans born Nov 1st 1929
- Gwynneth Evans born Nov 28th 1931 Died Sept 13th 1932
- William Evans Born Jan 17th 1934
- David Evans born Dec 7th 1935
- Edna Ashworth died in 82nd year
- Ella Mary Ashworth died in 85th year
Bible is with Kevin Martin who supplied the information.
Mentioned: Manchester, Bury, Oldham, Eccles, Worthing.