Bug Report System
Welcome to the NetSurf bug reporting system.
The NetSurf developers are very much open to bug reports. Please observe the following:
- Provide as much information about the problem as you can.
- If we can't reproduce your problem, we'll find it difficult to help.
- What do you have to do to make the problem happen?
- What exactly is the nature of the problem?
- Good quality bug reports have a better chance of being attended to swiftly.
- NetSurf's developers develop this software in their spare time, so may not always be able to respond rapidly.
- Providing a log file can often help in tacking down bugs.
Following the above guidelines will save the developers' time and speed up NetSurf's development.
Creating a Log file
The way to generate log files depends on the platform:
- RISC OS
NetSurf$Logging is set to
1, to enable logging. Run NetSurf and reproduce your bug. Quit NetSurf and run
Log file will be in the directory that opens.
- Run NetSurf from the command line, passing
-v as an argument. Now reproduce the bug.
I'm ready to start reporting bugs!
Excellent! Please proceed to the bug reporting interface.